Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It's Time for the 22nd Annual Federation Conference

This week, families and youth will be heading to DC for the Federation of Families annual conference. I'm looking very forward to it because the event is referred to fondly as a "homecoming" for all of the Federation members. This organization was formed by family members who understood the need for peer support, stigma reduction, and continued funding for children's mental health.

Being a member of FFCMH and having the opportunity to tell others about what they do is an amazing experience, and anyone is welcome to do just that. I am so honored that the organization has posted information on their website about my efforts as Mrs. Midwest -- but my work for them is a heart-felt campaign and I appreciate the parents and youth like me and my family that ffcmh works so hard to support.

Today in DC, I am participating in the Parent Support Provider Institute that is being held by FFCMH. The goal of the institute today is to bring national recognition of creating a certification for those who work in the role of a parent support person, ie called a Parent Support Provider. The information today will help to prepare those who wish to take the steps toward certifcation.

There are so many events scheduled this week and I can't wait to report all of the excitement that this conference brings to the promotion of children's mental health.
More info to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment